Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Today is Father's Day and I have to say I have the best Dad in the world. I know everyone will beg to differ and that is okay, but in my world he is the best. He is a strong amazing man. He is Mr. Fixitman. He can do everything. Jack of all trades. To go through what he did in losing my Mom was inspiring to watch. Once the disease overcame my Mom she became a different person. The first 6 months she was very demanding and made LONG 'to do' lists for my Dad to do. He of course took the list with a smile and did as she told. Whatever made her happy. As the disease got worse she wanted Dad by her side (she also thought he was killing her as well thanks to the morphine) and he of course was there to watch his love deteriorate. I can't even imagine how that must have broke his heart to watch. I know from the aspect of a daughter losing her Mother. My Dad is extremely loving. He loves to hug and kiss ... everyone! I can't imagine my life without his affection. Today he is celebrating his Father's Day in the hospital. He has pancreatitus, gallbladder infection and an inflamed liver. He is having his gallbladder removed today. I hope you have an enjoyable Father's Day doped up on morphine today Dad! I love you!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no! I hope the surgery goes well and he's back to his happy self soon! And, you're right, I DO beg to differ..MY DAD is the best!! LOL :)

Kellie said...

That does not sound like a very fun Father's Day! Your Dad sounds like a great man!