Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Memories

This time of year seems to be a bittersweet time. As much as I enjoy watching the excitement from my family I really miss my Mom (tears). This was her favorite season and we had many family traditions that aren't carried out as much these days. We would spend all day together baking all kinds of goodies. We would listen to Christmas music and I can still see and hear my Mom dancing around snapping her fingers and humming to the songs. We would spend Christmas Eve with the Purcell's and eat hogie sandwiches. Then afterwards we would have a Christmas devotional. It was truly a special time and we always looked forward to it. Then after the Purcell's went home we would open our presents. This time was filled with so much laughter and love. I wish my girls knew their Grandma Kynaston and how much fun she was. I'm thankful Collin remembers her and I know one day we will all be together again. I look forward to that day.
This year we will still carry out the hogie sandwich on Christmas Eve tradition and spending that evening with my siblings. We are also going to have a sleep over at Cala's house with everyone except for Kim's family who will be missed since they live in Jerome now.
Tis the season to make new and fun memories and remember old ones. Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Robyn, I am so sorry. It must be so very hard. This reminds me to be thankful for what and who I have. I'm so glad that you have such wonderful memories with and of your Mom. And, I fully agree, one day you will be reunited with her again! How sweet that will be..making goodies and dancing in Heaven together!