Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family Sealing

On Friday Bruce and I took out our Endowments at the Boise Temple. For those of you that aren't familiar with what Endowments are it's simply covenants that we make between our Heavenly Father and us. It is really quite special. It was so nice to have all but one of my siblings there. My Dad was so happy he was in tears. I was privileged to feel my Mother's presence. I know she was smiling down on us. It truly was a neat experience.
On Saturday Bruce and I were sealed together as husband and wife for time and all eternity. Good thing I love him so much. After we were sealed they brought the kids in to be sealed to us. I will never forget this experience. The kids were smiling from ear to ear. They had been looking forward to going to the Temple all week. The sealing room has mirrors on both sides of the walls so when you look into the mirror your reflection goes on forever. Very symbolic! I can't believe how well Alexa did during the sealing. Maybe it's because I chose Cade to hold her, maybe because my Mother was holding her too. Either way, it was beautiful. Afterwards, we went to Cafe Rio to get some lunch with my family and Bruce's family. Thank you everyone who came to share our wonderful experience!




6 comments:

Cami said...

What a special day! I'm so excited for you all.

Chronic Commuter said...

Congrats! That's so cool:)

The Laters said...

I am so excited for you guys! I'm also sorry that I missed it! I am so sorry that I couldn't make it, but I am so proud of you guys! Can't wait to see you guys!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome! You have a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

Your pictures are so darling! I am so happy for you! What an amazing experience right? Just beautiful!

Julie Hall said...

SO happy for your family! :)