Saturday, September 17, 2011

Football

Collin is playing tackle football for the first time this year. I was so excited he finally showed interest in playing a sport. He is small for his age so I was a little worried about that. He was put on a team that has been together for the last 4 years. They've been great in welcoming Collin. He plays tight end on the offense. The first 2 weeks were really tough. He was sore, bruised and beat up from practices. He would ask to quit everyday. The mean Mom I am made him push through the practices until he had his first game. Then if he still hated it so bad then HE could tell his coach and team he wanted to quit. After the first game he decided it was fun. I'm so glad he has stuck with it and is enjoying himself now. He has made lots of new friends. I'm so proud of him! He is #20 on the maroon team.



No comments: