Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today would be my mother's 60th birthday. Sadly she passed soon to be 5 yrs in June. She was a courageous woman. She was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) in March of 2002. Once she accepted that fact that this was terminal she came to grips with her fate and never complained .... not 1 time. June 29th, 2003 she struggled to take her last breath.

Still to this day I often wonder why she had to go so soon. We miss her desperately. I just wish my girls could know what a wonderful mother and grandmother she was. Her silly sense of humor and the love she had for all of her grandkids. I'm so thankful that Collin remembers her and was able to feel of her love. I'm often time so envious of others who still have their mothers around. I can't wait till the day that I will be reunited with my sweet dear Mother. I love you! Happy birthday!

5 comments:

Tasha Coltrin said...

I love it. Wish i could have gotten my picture to work!

Lulu said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Karon. I can still hear her laugh and it makes my heart sing.
I should've read this post and Tasha's at home, my co-workers are wondering why I'm all teary eyed!

Cala said...

Okay seriously, I just left Tasha's site bawling and then you make me bawl even more!!! Great dedication Muffs!!!

Sarah said...

OK you have me sobbing

Sorry about your Mom :( You're right, one day you will be reunited and that's the best part!

Julia said...

What a neat post! I love this picture of your mom, she looks so pretty! I loved your mom so much and it is hard to look at this picture of her and realize that her life, light and laughter are no longer here on this earth. I feel it such a priveledge to have known her, loved her and have been loved by her. She was an amazing woman and I admire her so much. Thank you for sharing your tender and sweet feelings about your Karen! She truly is one of the best God had created!