Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy Dearest!

Well if I've done my math correct today would have been my Mother's 61st birthday. As many of you may know she passed away almost 7 years ago from ALS or Lou Gerhigs disease.
I miss her laugh, her sense of humor, her knowledge and advise, the way she played with her Grandkids, her super soft skin, her beautiful smile, the way she would play with our hair, her silly dancing and snapping her fingers to the beat, the crazy bold colors she used to wear, I could go on.
It saddens me greatly that my girls don't get to see what a great Grandma they had. Ellie takes a close second. She is so good to them and they love her, it's just not quite the same.
I think about her everyday and treasure the memories I have. So to everyone else who still has their Mother around, treasure these days. Take lots of pictures and mental notes of these precious times together.
Happy Birthday Mom, I love and miss you SO much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn for your comments. I have thought about my sister several times today. Happy Birthday to her! I'm sure she is in a wonderful place! Love, Aunt Lisa

Sarah said...

Oh Robyn, you get me everytime! I can't imagine life without my Mom, you really are an inspiration. I'm glad you had so many good times with her. One day you'll have many more!