Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Birthday Girl

It's hard to believe at times that Bruce and I have now been married for 5 years. Three months after we were married we decided that we would try for a baby. It didn't take long till we found out shortly around my birthday that we were expecting.
Jordon decided to enter into the world on July 18th. Bruce and I had gone to bed and my contractions had started. I had been on bedrest for a couple of weeks with Jordon so contractions weren't rare. I kept telling Bruce that I think tonight might be the night after 3 other attempts in Triage. He then told me to just go to sleep. I laid there for almost 2 hours timing my contractions. Then all of a sudden I heard a loud SNAP sound. I thought 'what the hell was that'!? I turned over and asked Bruce if he heard that and of course he just mumbled something in his sleep. So I got up to walk into the kitchen and got about 4 or 5 steps and a HUGE gush of water came strolling down my legs. I then realized that the snap sound had been my water breaking. I told Bruce that my water just broke and he flew out of bed. This was finally it! We took Collin over to my sister Kim's house and headed on over to labor & delivery.
We got to triage and of course they made me walk around for an hour. Hated it! Then they moved us to a laboring room and I took a nice hot bath. That slowed my contractions a little bit so I asked the nurse if I could sit on the birthing ball. Bruce slept for a couple of hours while I bounced around on the ball and got my contractions going again. Around 5am I asked for an epidural and they hooked me up to poticin. Jordon made her big entry shortly after noon. She was perfect in every way!
Now she is 4 years old and has matured so much this last year. She loves gymnastics and to play with her older brother. She loves to dress in summer dresses and anything 'princess'. She is very dainty and loves to dance and walk around on her tippy toes. Happy Birthday sweet Jordon. We love you so much!

Jordon as a baby

Jordon 1 yrs old

Jordon 2 yrs old

Jordon 3 yrs old

Jordon 4 yrs old

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Happy Birthday Jordon! I can't believe she is already 4 years old, crazy how time flies. I love her blond hair, so beautiful.