Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Robison Family Reunion

A couple of years ago my aunts (Mom's sisters) asked me if I would plan a family reunion. It has been 6 years since we've had one. So here is a recap and pictures from it.
It started on Wednesday night. Everyone arrived around 7pm at Settlers Park. The kids played on the playground and splash park while the adults visited and had pizza & hawaiian haystacks. Afterwards we came back to my house (air conditioning ahhhh)and visited/rested.
On Thursday we headed over to Cade's (Tasha's hubby) brothers house to go swimming around 11am. The adults played a couple of games of volleyball as well. Everyone had a great time. Everyone helped clean up and headed out around 4:30ish and the rest of the day was free time. We came home and I made the kids some Mac N Cheese then I went with Cala to my Mom's grave and we got a few things for activity day at the park. I got home around 9pm and went to bed at 9:30pm I was SO done!!





On Friday we had activity day at the park. Cala and I got there at 9:30am to set things up. We had relay races and obstacle courses for the kids. They had a blast!! The adults played horseshoes and a few other games. Now keep in mind the weather is in the high 90's so the sun is SO draining. We took off from the park around 4pm. Went home and showered then met back over at Coltrins for dinner. We had our traditional gift exchange with the kiddos. Then everyone went home to put the kiddos to bed for 'adult night'.








The veteran adults were to meet over at Cala's at 9pm to be briefed on their part and everyone else at my house. Paul & Rodger were drivers and Jeanne, Lonie, Loanne & Al were at stations. The teams were broke up in 5 teams of 5. No spouses were together. We had people dressed in black, camo, do rags ... etc. It was awesome! So once the briefing of the veteran's job were done Cala met up with us and we headed over to my pool. I gave each team an envelope with a clue in it. It was a riddle of where the next clue was. They had a 9 minute head start before the 'drivers' (Rodger & Paul) started cruising the street to find people and pick them up. The object of the games was to get to the final check point with out being caught. The first check point was just envelopes taped on street poles in my subdivision so that each team was going in different directions. The following stations were Jeanne, Lonie, Loanne and Al. They were dressed up in disguise so the teams didn't know 'where' or 'who' their clues were. About half way through Cala was running down the street and Kim yelled 'car' so she was running up into a yard and a sprinkler head popped up and trip her. She went flying!! She landed on her chin and gashed it open along with braking her elbow and getting a concussion. So Dan who was a team captain for another team had to take her to the hospital. Poor Dan's team was stuck without a local! They did awesome though. They made it all the way to the last checkpoint before we found them. The course itself was about a 3 mile stretch. Everyone was dripping wet from sweat. It was a HUGE hit and we have tons of stories from it.



Come Saturday morning EVERYONE was exhausted! We were suppose to go to Eagle Island but we decided to keep it a low key day. Everyone came over to my house and we visited, played the Wii and Paul showed video's of Australia. We went over to Cala's for dinner and fireworks. It was a great reunion! We had SO much fun seeing everyone again. Thank you everyone who came it meant a lot to me. The next reunion will be on the east coast in NC in 2 years and I can't wait!





2 comments:

Cala said...

WE HAD A BLAST MUFFINS!!!!! I WISH IT WAS STILL GOING, I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH I REALLY MISS ALL THE ROBISONS!!!!

Sarah said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!! I love the veteran night. Sounds like a blast.

Her chin looks just like my boss' 5 yr old daughters! She fell at Roaring Springs and split her chin open exactly the same..got it glued up just like that too! I guess she had cartelidge handing out though..ick.