Friday, October 29, 2010

Dr. Appointment at 38 weeks

So I'm super excited. My plan worked like a charm. I waited until I was 38 weeks which is today to see the Doc instead of going on my usual Wednesday afternoon. Partly because I had a plan and the other part because Bruce was in Cali. Anyway, Doc checked to see if I was dilated. I asked if he would please strip my membranes and like a good Doc he did. I'm dilated to a 1 which is far better than nothing at this point. The baby decided to stick her butt way up in the air while we listened to her heartbeat. His eyes got so big and he said 'Oh my gosh she is SO big'! I told him yes I already knew that not only by the size of me but how heavy she is. He is guessing she is 9lbs already. Holy crap!! If they gain a 1lbs a week she could be a 10lbs baby. We discussed scheduling the induction for Friday the 5th of November. Because I have gestational diabetes we can go ahead and induce at 39 weeks. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Not only to finally have only 1 week left, her weight issue and the fact that we can plan everything out for having G&G come and take care of Jordon & Sienna.

No comments: