Saturday, July 9, 2011

What we've been up tooooo .....

Well this summer has been keeping us busy busy! In June we drove to Mud Lake to visit G&G Baird. The girls did great on the drive. I must admit I was a little nervous about the 4 1/2 hour drive with Alexa. The girls loved playing at the ranch. Two weeks later we drove another 5 hours to Bear Lake to Brenda's wedding. She is one of Bruce's many nieces. We drove 10 hours in 2 days, don't recommend that after just having a 9 hour drive a few weeks before. Nonetheless, it was fun to see family.
Sienna swinging with a cousin

Jordon riding the teeter todder

Bruce's sisters from left to right Leslie, Teri & Shauna

Bruce's family minus 1 sister Mary
I finished nursing Alexa the day before this trip. This time around I decided to taper off instead of stopping cold turkey. I can't believe I didn't try this before. MUCH EASIER on the boobies!! It took about a week and a half to finally feel normal again but at least I wasn't in excruciating pain. After gaining 5lbs the week of slowing down the nursing I was anxious to start the HCG diet to lose my baby weight. So Bruce and I started Sunday June 25th. This was a bad idea for several reasons ....
1. The fourth of July was coming up (2 parties to go to)
2. My menstrual cycle was coming up
3. My anniversary on the 16th
4. Finally ... Jordon's BDay on the 18th
Bruce and I did GREAT the first week. I was down 8lbs (losing 2lbs a day). Then we went to an awesome party at our friend the Mendiola's house. Chris and Dave are AMAZING cooks. Well Bruce and I couldn't resist and cheated a little. I gained 1.5 lbs back. Then the night of the 4th we went to another BBQ and cheated a little more there. That put me 2 lbs behind and altogether 4 days behind. So the 2nd week of the diet was trying to catch up to where I was ontop of PMS'ing like no one's business. NOT GOOD!! For those who are not familiar with HCG diet. You only eat 500 calories a day. It sounds ridiculous right?? Wrong, it's acutally quiet a bit a food and I rarely felt hungry. I just craved sugar and carbs something fierce. You eat 3oz of lean meat, 3oz of veggie & 3oz of fruit for lunch and dinner. Then you drink tons of water. Anyway, got super frustrated today and decided to quit since I've got my anniversary and Jordon's Bday coming up. Too hard! I'm down 10lbs though. I'm going to try again in August after my menstrual cycle so I can focus better.
Today we took Alexa to get her ears pierced. She was a trooper as always. She looks adorable!

No comments: