Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ode to Kenny

I first met Kenny in the summer of 2000 working the graveyard shift at HP. Kenny has such a great personality and sense of humor everyone is drawn to him. Kenny, Bruce, Jeremiah and I would go to movies and golfing together. Kenny soon got married and started his family. When everyone found out their jobs with HP were moving down to Houston, TX they all transferred. After 7 months we all know that Bruce moved back but Kenny and Jeremiah stayed there. Kenny eventually divorced his wife and moved back here with his girls. We were able to rekindle the friendship as Kenny spent more time over at our place letting the kids play. I've watched Kenny go through some really hard times in being a single Dad raising his beautiful girls. Kenny has always been such a great friend to Bruce & I. In the summer of 2008 Kenny added a boy to his family. On Bruce's birthday the summer of 2009 we found out that Kenny had stage 4 colon cancer. After a massive surgery we watched Kenny try to regain his health and fight for his life. I'm so amazed at what Kenny has been through and with such a positive attitude. I can only imagine the turmoil inside that he has been hiding.
I think back at all the memories I've made with Kenny and what a great person he is. It kills me inside that he has to go through this painful road and knowing that these might be the last days with his family and friends. The memories he is making with his kids are everlasting. Kenny I'm so SO sorry this is happening to you. You must be so special that there are bigger things for you to do in the life after.  I am so thankful to have had the privilege to be your friend in this life. You are one of a kind!
Jeremiah, Kenny & Bruce

No comments: