Saturday, December 11, 2010

A light at the end of the tunnel

So I do believe there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.  Alexa is recovering really well from the stomach surgery. She had a rough 2 days afterwards but is finally acting more like herself. They have her back on formula again and are talking about switching to breast milk on Monday. Hooray!! The occupational therapist and I are going to work on bottle feeding Monday morning. I'm praying that goes well. We will be using breast milk so I don't know how it won't. I feel like we are finally on the home stretch. Once we can get her eating she can come home. Today they weighed her and she is 9lbs 10oz. She loves to try and talk to Mom. She gives me big smiles when I talk to her.I'm so in love with this little girl. I just can't wait to bring her home.

Grandma Baird & Daddy the day after surgery
Proud Papa


Today we went to the hospital and brought the girls. Jordon hasn't seen Alexa in a few weeks. After about 30 mins the girls started fighting (weird) so Bruce took them home so that I could enjoy her. Tomorrow we will leave the girls so that Bruce and I can enjoy her together.
Daddy and his beautiful girls

Changing Alexa's diaper

Isn't she sweet??!!

We just love her

Mommy and her precious baby

1 comment:

Cami said...

Yeah for tunnels with lights!