Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we went to Mud Lake. We took off shortly after 4pm on Wednesday. Alexa cried the entire drive over except the last hour when she finally went to sleep. We arrived around 8:30pm I believe. We got all settled in at G&G's house and put the kids to bed. The kids were up bright and early and Bruce got up with Alexa so I could sleep in a bit. He is great about doing that. Thanks babe!! We had breakfast and got the kids ready. Bruce and his Dad took Jordon & Sienna with them around 10am and headed to Leslie's in Rexburg. Harleen and I stayed while Alexa napped and prepared food. We took off for Rexburg shortly after 11am. Leslie had prepared a delicious feast. We had a TON of dessert that was to die for. We laid around and visited with family. The girls played great together and enjoyed all the attention. We headed back to Mud Lake around 5pm. On Friday Bruce and I met up with Cala & Dan in IDF and did a temple session. We went to lunch at Olive Garden afterwards. I really enjoyed the IDF temple. Bruce stayed in IDF and helped his Dad find a laptop while I drove back to Mud Lake. Well Bruce usually drives home so I don't pay much attention to on ramp details getting home. The on ramp was closed and I had to detour through IDF. At this point I have NO idea where I am but I know I'm going in the wrong direction. I called Bruce and asked him if heading to Ucon was the right way in which it was not. I program into my phone's GPS on how to get back to Mud Lake. I took a few back roads in which the on ramp from Osgood was also closed. Took another back road and finally got on the interstate at Roberts. Come to find out the interstate was closed due to a dust storm. Anyway, I made it back safe and sound. Bruce and I packed things up and headed home that night while the kids slept. We learned our lesson once. It was nice to visit Bruce's family but I don't think we will be making an eastern Idaho trip again for a while.
Us with Andrew & Courtney

Girls playin with Gmpa

Helping Gma cook

Alexa chillin

No comments: