Sunday, August 19, 2007

Broken Hand

So Collin's lack of drinking milk has finally caught up to him. On Thursday he was at his Dads house playing in the backyard on the swing set lost his balance and fell off the swing and broke his hand. He broke the middle finger bone in the middle of his hand. Mike thought it may have just been sprained so they didn't go to the Dr. right away. That next morning Mike took him to his clinic and x-rayed his hand. For those of you who don't know Mike is an x-ray tech. Well come to find out it was actually broken so they went on over to the Orthopedist Surgeon (I guess) and had a cast put on.



Here is Collin and Jordon snuggling together this morning like they always do. Jordon just loves being with her big brother.

Here is Collin and his new cast.

So last night our neighbors had a BBQ and invited us over. They have a pickle ball court that is so much fun! Pickle ball is a cross between tennis and ping pong. Girls played against girls and the boys played against boys. Both Bruce and I's teams won. We had a good time meeting new friends of the Schillers and just being able to visit and play with our neighbors. This summer has gone by so fast that we've hardly seen them. They've been on vacations and us just having had Sienna we haven't done a whole lot this summer. Here is what the pickle ball court looks like.


So we are getting a foreign exchange student this Wednesday and I'm so excited. She is adorable! Her name is Kamila Kreckova and she is from the Czech Republic. Many people are wondering why I would invite such a beautiful 17 yr old girl to come and live with us. Here is why:


If you have the opportunity to help someone in your life why wouldn't you? She wants to come to the USA to find out more about our culture and also become more fluent in English. We have the room in our house and I feel good about giving someone that opportunity. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something for someone else. Plus I trust my husband and I know that he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our marriage and life with our children. My family (Kynaston's) have hosted a foreign exchange student from Norway a little over 10 yrs ago and it was the best experience. She still communicates with us and we consider her another sister.


My girls are growing up so fast! Here are a few pictures of them:

Even though she is such a little shit I wouldn't trade her for the world!


This is Sienna in her Bumbo chair. Everytime I see her in this I bust up laughing. She looks so funny and cute at the same time. She thinks she is big stuff in her chair. She look like a Buddha baby in it. LOL




1 comment:

jenny said...

I am so excited for you to host her. She looks so cute and fun. Good Luck with everything!! Your kids are sooo cute!