Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy 1st B-Day Sienna!










Today was a happy day and also a sad day. My sister Kim called me at 9am this morning to inform me that my Grandmother on my Mom's side had passed away early this morning. My Grandmother was a wonderful, incredible strong woman. She was born with a hole in her heart and wasn't expected to live much past her childhood let alone have any children. She proved them all wrong and had 6 awesome kids. She outlived her amazing husband by 11 years and even one of her daughters (my mother). How hard that must have been for her. I have to rejoice with her at this time as she is happily reunited with her love and her family who has passed. I hope that one day I might live half the life she lived what a remarkable woman she was. I love you Grandma!
On the happy note today was sweet little Sienna's 1st B-Day! I can hardly believe it has already been a year. It seems just like yesterday when I held my beautiful baby in my arms. She has the sweetest spirit about her. Though I was so miserable throughout my pregnancy I would do it again in a heartbeat. She has brought so much joy to our lives. I love to watch she and Jordon interact with each other.
Sienna LOVES Shrek. She watches all 3 movies all the time. They are the only movies she will watch other than home movies I make. She wasn't quite sure what to think about her cake but once she figured out it was delicious she eat almost half of it. Since it was so nice we all went outside and relaxed in the sun and opened presents. It turned out very nice. Happy B-Day baby girl.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So sorry about your Gramma :( What a sad way to start out an otherwise glorious day! But, you're right, atleast she's reunited with all of the people she's lost over the years.

I can't believe Sienna's a year old already!!! Happy Bday little lady!

And, on another note, I LOVE your nails like that!!