Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We're Home!

Yesterday Bruce and I were sitting in Alexa's room in Spokane. I was watching TV and Bruce was working on his laptop. At about 1pm the nurse came in and told us they got word from St. Lukes in Boise that they were firing up the plane to come get us. This came as a huge shock to us as we were thinking it wouldn't be until Wednesday. Bruce checked to see if there were any openings in the last flight out on Southwest and sure enough there was. He booked his ticket and we went back to the hotel to check out and pack up our bags. By 2pm Bruce was on his way to the airport and I headed back to the hospital. The flight crew was to arrive around 3pm. At around 3:45pm they finally showed up and packed Alexa up and we headed to the old Spokane airport. It took us about 30 mins to get there due to traffic and snow. We got loaded up in the plane and I was told to sit in the cockpit with the pilot. I was super excited because I've never rode shotgun in a plane before. The pilot was really cool and we talked the whole way home. Poor Alexa didn't like the flight and cried almost the whole time (1 hour 10 mins). It was SO cold out that night. Thankfully not in the plane but we flew through -50 below weather. The windshield was totally iced over. We arrived in Boise around 7pm and was shuttled by ambulance again to St. Lukes. They got her all tucked in in the NICU. Bruce, Kim and the girls drove up to see Alexa. The girls were so excited to finally meet their little sister. They both got to touch her this time. We are so glad to be home. This year we truly have SO much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for a father in heaven that hears and answers numerous prayers. For having such a big and healthy baby to get through open heart surgery and recovery. She is such a spunky little fighter that definitely has a LOT of determination. I'm so thankful for a wonderful family that helped out so much in watching our kids so that Bruce and I could be together in Spokane. For a wonderful loving husband who was my rock when I needed him. For wonderful friends who opened their homes to take our girls for playdates. For an amazing ward that went above and beyond the duty of  service to make sure our family was fed while I was gone. For an amazing staff at both St. Lukes and Sacred Heart that took such great care of my baby. For Doctors that are blessed with amazing hands to perform open heart surgery on such little hearts. Most of all to ALL our friends and family who prayed for us everyday. I can't thank people enough and I feel forever indebted to you for everything. Thank you!!
Love,  Robyn

1 comment:

Almost Like Moms said...

LOVE.
Happy Thanksgiving!
-Kellie