Monday, July 9, 2007

After reading Jaime's, Lindsey's, and Julia's blogs for months now I finally decided to create on myself. I've enjoyed reading their blogs so much. Even though we are miles apart I feel like I kind of know what is going on in their lives.
So Tasha, Karlene and I get up Mon., Wed., and Fri. at 6am to go to the gym. Then on Tues. & Thurs. we go in the evenings. We have been working out hardcore to try and lose our 'baby' weight. We lift weights 2x a week and cardio 3x for 45 minutes. Tasha and I haven't seen the scale move in the 2 months we've been working out. We've lost inches and our bodies are getting toner but not losing any weight. So my hubby went online and found a program that you install on your computer that keeps track of everything you eat and adds up the calories and also how many calories you burn. I never new how many calories I eat a day. I always thought calories counting was stupid. Well not anymore. It tells you how many calories you should eat in a day as compared to how many you burn to lose as much weight as you want. AMAZING! It works! I've already lost 6 pounds in and week and a half. Who knew??!! Well the program is called FitDay and it costs $20 to get. I highly advise anyone who is trying to lose weight to get this program. It is SO cool!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I am so glad to see that you started a blog. I have been wanting one of you girls to start blogging so I can see what is going on with you. I have been working out a ton too lately. I have lost weight but it is very slow. I am going to check that website out. I have been doing South Beach but, I don't count calories. like you I find it tedious at times. This website seems to make it easy for you. Cool. Well can't wait for you to post more and to see pictures of your growing family.

Julia

Jensen Five said...

I have used fitday.com, but I just signed up for the free one, but you probably get quite a bit more with the advanced. I think it is such a cool program and you're right--calorie counting has been one of the best ways for me to lose weight. Well, that and exercise. My mom has always been a firm believer in calorie counting! I am so excited for you guys and it takes a lot of discipline to get up at 5:00 am. I don't know how you do it!