Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Don't play by Hornet's nest

So yesterday I had just gotten Jordon down for a nap and was feeding Sienna when Collin comes bombing through the garage door bawling. He doesn't cry very often so when he does I know something pretty serious has happened. I try to get him to calm down and not be so loud so he doesn't wake up Jordon while I get myself together from feeding Sienna so I can help him. He comes running into the Living Room where I was and says that a bee just stung him on his head. I tell him to move his hand so he doesn't push the stinger in, and I can't get it out. The bee had stung him on his right side temple. Poor thing!
So we walk into my bathroom and he is freaking out cause of course it stings. In the mean time I hear Jordon through the intercom. There wasn't a stinger so I figured it must have not been a bee, either a hornet or wasp. I make the little baking soda and water mix and put it on his sting. The next thing I know Jordon comes running into the bathroom all proud of herself and giggling. The little stinker had climbed out of her crib opened the bedroom door and came into my room to see what all the commotion was about. She scared me to death.
Collin then asked if I was gonna hurt all day and I told him I didn't think so. I explained that the hornet left poison in him and that's why it stings. He then asked if he was going to die. I giggled and told him no.
I asked him how he got stung and he then explained that he and Jayden the neighbor boy were 'checking out the nest'. Apparently they were throwing rocks at it. I asked him if he learned his lesson about messing with hornets nest and he said 'yes'.
So I take Jordon back into her room to put her back down and she was so sad she had to go back to bed. I raised the side of the crib so she wouldn't escape again.

1 comment:

Cala said...

LOL!!! I feel so bad for Collin, but hopefully he learned his lesson!! Dude, where did your daughter come from, LOL that cracks me up, she just crawled out of her crib!!! You two could b ein big trouble now!!!